- In a medium saute pan, sweat the shallots in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the minced bacon and chopped sage leaves, cook 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and cook until they absorb all the fat.
- Add the cream and simmer stirring with a spatula until uniform.
- Add salt, pepper, bread crumbs, grated parmesan and bread crumbs. Stir with spatula and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- With paper towel clean any debris or soil from mushroom caps. Remove the stems from mushroom cap and use stems for stuffing.
- Toss the caps with cooking oil to coat and season with salt.
- Lay mushroom on a sheet tray and bake in the oven at 400 for 25 minutes. Basting the caps with additional oil while cooking. Remove caps and allow to cool.
- Using a small spoon fill the mushroom caps with the roasted caps, be generous.
- Cook mushrooms on a sheet pan stuffing side up at 350 for 25- 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving garnish with chopped parsley.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.