Preheat oven to 350* F.
- To prepare the pears, peel, halve and core. Dice into small pieces.
- Heat the butter until golden in a large pan over medium heat and sauté them until they are golden. Sprinkle with sugar and cook until liquid is evaporated. Be careful to not over cook - pears should hold shape and not be too soft.
- Butter and flour a baking dish.
- Combine all dry ingredients including flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and spices.
- Whip the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 batches - alternating with the buttermilk until all ingredients are combined and batter is smooth. Fold in the sautéed pears and pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 30-45 minutes until lightly golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- For the frosting, in a mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment add the butter, powdered sugar and spices and whip until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add cream cheese. Continue to whip. Frost Cake and serve.
Recipe courtesy of: Chef Natalie Niksa, La Saison
Take a look at the recommended pairing below.