Preheat oven to 325 degrees after refrigerating for 2 hours.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper and the chopped rosemary in a food processor.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a course meal.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and pulse to mix.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the sour cream at a time, pulsing each time.
- Add the milk and pulse until the dough comes together. It’s important not to run the food processor too much or the dough becomes tough.
- Place the dough in a piping bag with a star tip. Pipe the dough into long strips on a sheet tray line with wax paper and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- After a couple hours remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a cutting board. Cut 2 inch long portions and return to the sheet tray with wax paper. Refrigerate until it is time to bake.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the cheese straws on the sheet tray. Bake in a 325º F oven until the crackers are golden brown and firm in the center, approximately 25 to 35 minutes.
- To serve, place on a platter or in a basket and serve.
Take a look at the recommended pairing below.