Salty prosciutto, fresh arugula, and creamy mozzarella come together in harmony on this pizza. The simplicity makes this easy and delicious dinner a welcome comfort. Serve paired with a Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot for best results.
6 slices prosciutto
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 garlic cloves - chopped
1 cup fresh arugula
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Optional - stone fruit wedges of peaches, nectarine or plums
1 homemade or store bought pizza dough (divided - usually makes 2 pizzas) rolled out to about 12-14 inches
- Prepare pizza oven or heat grill on high heat with pizza stone.
- Prepare pizza on pizza peel or pan - dust with cornmeal for easy transfer to oven.
- Gently brush dough with olive oil then dot with garlic and sprinkle with cheese. Layer prosciutto around pizza followed by stone fruit if using.
- Slide pizza into pizza oven or onto hot stone and cook until cheese is melted and sides are crispy and brown about 4-6 minutes.
- Finish pizza with fresh arugula and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Slice and serve with any Duckhorn Vineyards Merlot.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.