Serves: 6 Appetizers
For the Onions:
1. In a medium size pot heat the oil with the onions on low heat. Season the onions with salt and pepper. Cover the pot with a lid and allow onions to sweat for 10 minutes. There will be a good amount of water from the onions. Remove the lid, turn the heat up to medium and begin to cook out the liquid. This will take approximately 1 hour. Continue to stir periodically to avoid scorching. Once the onions have developed a deep golden color, remove from the heat, add the chopped thyme and cool.
For the base:
1. Sift Dry Ingredients (Flour/Salt).
2. Add Butter and mix using a paddle attachment until butter breaks down.
3. Add Ice water until dough comes together.
1. Lightly flour work space and roll dough approximately 1/8” in thickness. Punch dough into desired shape.
2. Spread the Onion Marmalade evenly over the surface of the dough. Onion Marmalade can be topped with raw Pecan halve for garnish prior to baking
3. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on the edges for approximately 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve!
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.