For the Onions:
- In a medium size pot heat the oil with the onions on low heat.
- Season the onions with salt and pepper. Cover the pot with a lid and allow onions to sweat for 10 minutes. There will be a good amount of water from the onions. Remove the lid, turn the heat up to medium and begin to cook out the liquid. This will take approximately 1 hour. Continue to stir periodically to avoid scorching.
- Continue to stir periodically to avoid scorching. Once the onions have developed a deep golden color, remove from the heat, add the chopped thyme and cool.
For the base:
- Sift Dry Ingredients (Flour/Salt).
- Add Butter and mix using a paddle attachment until butter breaks down.
- Add Ice water until dough comes together.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly flour work space and roll dough approximately 1/8” in thickness. Punch dough into desired shape.
- Spread the Onion Marmalade evenly over the surface of the dough. Onion Marmalade can be topped with raw Pecan halve for garnish prior to baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown on the edges for approximately 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve!
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.