- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 350 °F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- Using a serrated bread knife, slice the rolls in half horizontally, keeping the top and bottom halves separate.
- Spread the Dijon mustard evenly over the cut sides of the tops and bottoms. Place the bottom half of the bread, cut side up, in a metal baking pan or sheet tray.
- Place half of the cheese in an even layer over the bread. Top with all of the ham, followed by the remaining cheese. Cover with the roll tops.
- Evenly spoon the sauce over the top of the rolls, allowing the sauce to fall off.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the top is golden brown and toasted. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Using a large spatula, carefully transfer the sandwiches to serving plate. Serve warm or room temperature.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.