- Using a sharp knife, score the duck skin diagonally, about 1/2 - inch apart.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over high heat. When hot, sprinkle the bottom of the pan with salt.
- Add the duck breasts, skin side down; reduce heat to medium-high. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side, depending on their thickness.
- Transfer duck to a plate, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine the Fig Balsamic Vinegar with Dates and wine in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Add the butter and whisk until completely incorporated.
- To serve, slice the duck breasts along the scored lines, arrange on individual plates, and drizzle with the fig reduction.
Recipe Courtesy of: Made in Napa Valley-Gourmet Every Day cookbook
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.