Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Oil, Butter or spray a 9-inch cake pan that is at least 2 inches deep.
- Place piece of parchment on bottom of pan (not on the sides).
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, milk and eggs and whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan about ¾ full and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- The top of the cake will be golden brown and a toothpick should come out clean once inserted.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, carefully invert the cake and allow to cool completely for 2 hours.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.