- Prepare pizza oven or heat grill on high heat with pizza stone.
- Cook sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat for 3-5 minutes then add garlic, salt and pepper. Cooked until browned, place on paper towel, set aside in bowl.
- In same pan over medium heat cook onions with remaining drippings from sausage, add olive oil if needed, add salt and pepper. Cook until caramelized about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare flatbread on pizza peel or pan - cornmeal under prepared crust for easy transfer to pizza oven/stone.
- Gently brush dough with pizza sauce, next add cheese, then sausage, caramelized onions and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Slide flatbread into pizza oven or onto hot stone and cook until cheese is melted and sides are crispy and brown about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve flatbread with a drizzle of olive oil and Duckhorn Cabernet Sauvignon, Canvasback or Decoy Wines.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.