Serves: 6 to 8
1. Cover the beans with cold water and soak for 4 hours. Drain the water, place the beans in a medium pot and cover with 3 cups of water.
2. Bring beans to a simmer and remove any foam with a spoon. Cook for 30 minutes then add the onions, peppers, garlic, oregano and bay leaf. Cook for 1 hour more or until the beans are tender. Season the beans with salt and pepper and reserve.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 °F
2. Season the brisket on both sides with salt and pepper. In a deep-sided sauté pan over high heat sear the brisket on all sides until browned well.
3. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
4. Add the beef stock, ancho and instant coffee. Cover and place in the oven to roast for 4 hours. Remove and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes in the braising liquid.
5. Preheat the broiler. Remove the brisket from the pan and dice the meat into small bite-sized pieces. Add the meat to the beans and stir well.
6. Place the nacho on a large platter, cover with the brisket beans. Top with the cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.