- Cover the beans with cold water and soak for 4 hours. Drain the water, place the beans in a medium pot and cover with 3 cups of water.
- Bring beans to a simmer and remove any foam with a spoon. Cook for 30 minutes then add the onions, peppers, garlic, oregano and bay leaf. Cook for 1 hour more or until the beans are tender. Season the beans with salt and pepper and reserve.
Preheat the oven to 375 °F
- Season the brisket on both sides with salt and pepper. In a deep-sided sauté pan over high heat sear the brisket on all sides until browned well.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the beef stock, ancho and instant coffee. Cover and place in the oven to roast for 4 hours. Remove and allow the meat to rest for 30 minutes in the braising liquid.
- Preheat the broiler. Remove the brisket from the pan and dice the meat into small bite-sized pieces. Add the meat to the beans and stir well.
- Place the nacho on a large platter, cover with the brisket beans. Top with the cheese and place under the broiler for 5 minutes until cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.