Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Cabernet & Berry Jam:
- Place the preserves and the wine in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir to combine and pour the mixture through a strainer. Let the gelee set in the refrigerator for at least one hour prior to use.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, pepper, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Alternate between adding in the wine and flour mixture to the blended mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thick. Cut coins and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
Blue Cheese Mousse:
- Place the cheeses and the Crème Fraîche in a mixing bowl and beat until the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mousse in a pastry bag. Chill, for about 30 minutes.
1. Chopped toasted walnuts and crushed wine biscuit crumbs.
- Place a spoonful of the jam in the bottom of a shot glass.
- Pipe in the blue cheese mousse in a spiral swirl pattern.
- Top with the chopped nuts and crushed biscuits. Serve with extra biscuits on the side.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.