Serves: 12 as an appetizer
1. Generously season the pork butt with dry rub and allow to rest for 24 hours. Keep refrigerated.
2. Line a baking pan with foil and roast pork butt at 350 °F covered for approximately 5 hours until meat is easily shredded with a fork. Shred the amount of pork needed for the recipe. Remaining pork can be left whole and portioned or frozen for up to 2 months.
1. In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine dry ingredients.
2. Add cold butter and mix until butter and flour resemble fine pieces.
3. Slowly add the cold water with vinegar until dough comes together.
4. Chill dough for 30 minutes and then roll 1/8” thick.
5. Punch desired size circle.
6. Place approximately 1 tbsp of filling into each center. Egg wash the edges and fold the dough so that it resembles a half moon shape. Fork the edges of the dough using the tines of the fork. Prick the tops of the Empanadas for additional ventilation.
7. Bake Empanadas for 25 minutes at 350 °F or until golden brown.
8. Freeze Empanadas for up to 1 month.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.