- Generously season the pork butt with dry rub and allow to rest for 24 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- Line a baking pan with foil and roast pork butt at 350 °F covered for approximately 5 hours until meat is easily shredded with a fork. Shred the amount of pork needed for the recipe. Remaining pork can be left whole and portioned or frozen for up to 2 months.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine dry ingredients.
- Add cold butter and mix until butter and flour resemble fine pieces. Slowly add the cold water with vinegar until dough comes together.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes and then roll 1/8” thick.
- Punch desired size circle.
- Place approximately 1 tbsp of filling into each center. Egg wash the edges and fold the dough so that it resembles a half moon shape. Fork the edges of the dough using the tines of the fork. Prick the tops of the Empanadas for additional ventilation.
- Bake Empanadas for 25 minutes at 350 °F or until golden brown.
- Freeze Empanadas for up to 1 month.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.