This is a fun and unexpected recipe everyone will enjoy. There are many variations you can do - starting with additions to the polenta and the many sauces you can make for dipping as well as using an air frier for cooking. You can customize these fries to tempt all tastebuds.
1 cup quick cooking polenta or regular polenta/corn grits
3 cups water
1/2 cup grated parmesan
3 tbsps butter
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp fresh or 1 teaspoon dry herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, sage) - optional
pesto, marinara, ranch dip or any other fun dipping sauce
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan bring water to boil. Lower heat and gradually whisk in polenta. Cook for 5-10 minutes on low until polenta is creamy and cooked.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, butter, parmesan and herbs if using - stirring until cheese and butter are incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Line an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment and pour polenta into pan. Spread evening with a spatula. Let cool on counter for 5 minutes or so and then place in refrigerator for 15-20 min until hardened.
- Remove polenta from refrigerator and slice into 1/4 inch by 4 inch pieces and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place in oven and cook 15 minutes then turn and cook another 15 minutes or until desired crispness.
- While fries are cooking make your sauces - Fresh pesto or pesto aioli, marinara sauce, ranch dip or ketchup.
- Serve immediately with a fresh sprinkling of parmesan and herbs or a pinch of maldon sea salt - if you’d like along with your choice of dipping sauces.
Take a look at our recommended pairing below.